Get Your Body Moving
We’ve all heard the phrase “eat less move more.” And you know what? There’s a lot of science behind that statement. The problem is, as we age, it’s easy to grow sedentary and eat more while moving less. Exercise in your 50s and beyond is a crucial part of aging well, as both cardio and weight training are vital to maintaining muscle, bone, and heart strength.
Here’s a quick list of exercises to choose from:
- Yoga might seem like a popular fad for younger women, but it’s a fantastic way to keep your body agile and burn those extra calories.
- Swimming is a low-impact exercise that leads to a leaner frame and better heart health.
- Weightlifting not only keeps your bones strong, it helps you burn calories as you sleep. Now, that’s a win-win!
- Walking needs to become your best friend as you age, and the more you walk the better. Set a timer on your phone and take a walk around the neighborhood. On cold days, head to the gym and jump on the treadmill. This is the number one exercise as you age, and it will keep those pesky pounds from accumulating year after year.
While it might sound too simple, there really is something to the mantra “eat less move more.” In your 50s and beyond, focus on gradually decreasing your calories (finding the right balance) and increasing your movement. This will make a big difference in your overall health.
Here’s a recap of how our 12-week program addresses training, diet, and lifestyle coaching to help you form healthy habits that transform your body:
- Build a plan that enables you to achieve the best shape of your life
- Dedicate 45 minutes 3 times a week to physical exercise
- Burn fat or tone your muscles regardless of your initial shape
- Get individualized attention and personalized coaching
- Get a tailored macronutrient plan to match your workouts
- Experience longer-lasting results that make you feel stronger
The 12-week fitness journey is available for everyone wanting to take care of themselves again. Focus on transformation and fall in love with how your body looks and feels.
Get in the groove.
Jess (serving all of North Idaho and Liberty Lake Washington)
Book A Consultation Today
#cda #postfalls #idaho #libertylake #weightloss #gethealthy #mom #grandma #dadlife #dad #libertylake #idaho