Weight Loss in Your 50s and Beyond
Weight loss beyond the age of 50 comes with its own set of challenges, but it’s far from impossible. In this post, I give you surefire ways to drop those extra pounds and feel your best. From the right foods to the right amount of exercise, we’ll cover four ways to lose weight in your 50s and beyond.
Find The Balance
When you picture a balanced diet in your mind, what foods are included? You might be surprised to know you can enjoy most foods when eaten in the right amounts at the right time. For example, you wouldn’t want to eat a dinner of roast beef with mashed potatoes at 8 p.m., but a meal of roast beef, tossed salad, and a small side of mashed potatoes would be fine at 5 p.m. It’s all in the balance.
Here’s a quick list to help you choose the best food and portions:
- Focus on nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, dairy, nuts, and legumes.
- Eat a serving of protein with each meal or snack.
- Increase your vegetable intake and try replacing some starches with an extra veggie.
- Become a small plate advocate and use a dessert plate for meals.
- Don’t let yourself get too hungry, and if you do, eat a handful of nuts or seeds before you’re tempted to binge.
- Decrease food and alcohol as you approach the 7 o’clock hour. Eating after this can cause extra pounds to linger.
Ultimately, pay attention to your natural hunger and fullness signals. Drink plenty of water (equal to one-third of your body weight) and stay hydrated. Soon, you’ll find balance in your diet and lose the extra weight.
Here’s a recap of how our 12-week program addresses training, diet, and lifestyle coaching to help you form healthy habits that transform your body:
- Build a plan that enables you to achieve the best shape of your life
- Dedicate 45 minutes 3 times a week to physical exercise
- Burn fat or tone your muscles regardless of your initial shape
- Get individualized attention and personalized coaching
- Get a tailored macronutrient plan to match your workouts
- Experience longer-lasting results that make you feel stronger
The 12-week fitness journey is available for everyone wanting to take care of themselves again. Focus on transformation and fall in love with how your body looks and feels.
Get in the groove.
Jess (serving all of North Idaho and Liberty Lake Washington)
Book A Consultation Today
#cda #postfalls #idaho #libertylake #weightloss #gethealthy #mom #grandma #dadlife #dad #libertylake #idaho