Sleep It Off
Getting enough sleep in your 50s and beyond can prove to be quite challenging. After all, your body is dealing with lots of hormonal changes which can disrupt your sleep schedule. You might not associate sleep with weight loss, but there is a proven connection.
Here are some quick tips for better sleep:
- Stop eating and drinking by 7 p.m.
- Avoid looking at your phone and other blue lights an hour before bed.
- Listen to music or a soothing sleep meditation.
- Keep the room temperature cool and remove distractions.
- Get regular sunshine, fresh air, and exercise each day to keep your circadian rhythm on track.
While it might seem counterintuitive to weight loss, getting enough sleep gives you the energy you need to enjoy all the things you love to do. And it will prevent you from eating to stay awake!
Losing weight after 50 can be more difficult, but it’s certainly not impossible. With better balance in your diet, more movement in your day, plenty of fiber and solid rest, those extra pounds will come off in no time. Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
Stay motivated. Stay TruFit.
Sign up for our 12-week program and leave the rest to us.
All you have to do now is gather the strength to sign up!
Jess (serving all of North Idaho and Liberty Lake Washington) And everyone online 🙂
Book A Consultation Today
#cda #postfalls #idaho #libertylake #weightloss #gethealthy #mom #grandma #dadlife #dad #libertylake #idaho